Our ‘How To’ series is developed to help start/develop your justice and peace group and are all available on the resources page.
5. How to analyse media reports
Some ideas for reflection and analysis.
- WHAT do you see?
- WHAT exactly is happening?
- WHAT are the people in this situation feeling?
- Our Own Experience
- WHAT similar situations are you aware of in your own and others experience?
- WHAT is the situation?
- WHERE is it taking place?
- In WHAT context?
- WHY does it exist?
- WHO is affected?
- WHO is in a position of power?
- WHO is powerless or suffering?
- Connected Problems
- WHAT connections can you make between this and other situations elsewhere?
- Planning Action
- CAN you do anything to change this situation?
- WHAT do you need to do in order to bring about this change?